The Harp Of Andrew Marvell
O Marvell’s harp! I dare to wake
Thy silent strings for Freedom’s sake,
To sing how vain thy boast
Of Cromwell’s conquering host!
O Marvell’s self! arise instead,
To warn the living by the dead,
How Freedom may be lost,
Though won at bloody cost!
A nation, weak amid her might,
Sent forth her lowliest to the fight,
Until by men enslaved
The free themselves were saved.
But, O victorious state! — unjust,
Perfidious, false to Freedom’s trust! —
Thy feet are trampling now
The men who crowned thy brow!
Before the Judge of all the earth,
Men hold an equal rank of birth,
An equal law of breath,
An equal dust of death.
O Freedom! open thou a grave,
Where every king, where every slave,
Shall cast in crown and chain,
Till only men remain!
Meanwhile, I lay thee on the ground,
O harp! nor smite thee to a sound,
For now a poet’s stroke
Is vain to break a yoke.
But when the tardy earth hath rolled
Her kingdoms to the age of gold,
A poet by his song
Shall crumble down a wrong!
– Theodore Tilton
- 01 – Sandpoint – Set Chords
- 02 – Sandpoint – Tune Chords
- 03 – Sandpoint – Set Dots
- Blarney Stone Pub Tunebook – A collection of tunes played at the Blarney Stone Pub, San Diego, California
- Circle of Fifths – A guide to understanding keys and transposing
- Dr. Coop's Compiation of Songs Songs and words, traditional and of the Sea
- Green's Tunebook – Green’s Collection of tunes
- Green's Tunebook ABC ABC Notation for Green’s Tunebook
- Jamrock Tunes – Some of the Basic tunes played by Jamrocks
- John Walsh's Sesson Tunes – Learn these tunes if you want to play most tunes at sessions!
- Paul Hardy's Tunebook Folk music sessions tunes around Cambridge, England and Redlands, California
- The Music Lover's Treasury Poetry about Music. Lovely.
- Tips Form – Create a custom tips form for fundraising
- Tunes Often Heard – A good working list of tunes often heard in the Detroit area. Especially good for beginners who want to learn tunes that will likely be played at local sessions.
- Tunes Often Heard ABC ABC Notation for Tunes Often Heard