My Old Guitar
y some eastern river thy rosewood grew.
Thy inlaid pearl in the restless sea;
What craftsman moulded thy bosom fair.
Sounding with dreamy melody?
What maiden’s fingers have swept thy strings.
In the distant vistas of long ago?
What love-lorn gallant has sung his lay
To thy tuneful cadence sweet and low?
What odors of romance round thee cling.
As each chord swells in thy bosom deep?
Whispering long-forgotten loves.
Trilling the soul to rest and sleep.
Oh, Muse, who dwells in the hollow shrine
Of my old guitar with its tales of yore.
Grant me the power to wake thy strains
In music sweeter than e’er before.
– F. G. Hinsdale.
- 01 – Sandpoint – Set Chords
- 02 – Sandpoint – Tune Chords
- 03 – Sandpoint – Set Dots
- Blarney Stone Pub Tunebook – A collection of tunes played at the Blarney Stone Pub, San Diego, California
- Circle of Fifths – A guide to understanding keys and transposing
- Dr. Coop's Compiation of Songs Songs and words, traditional and of the Sea
- Green's Tunebook – Green’s Collection of tunes
- Green's Tunebook ABC ABC Notation for Green’s Tunebook
- Jamrock Tunes – Some of the Basic tunes played by Jamrocks
- John Walsh's Sesson Tunes – Learn these tunes if you want to play most tunes at sessions!
- Paul Hardy's Tunebook Folk music sessions tunes around Cambridge, England and Redlands, California
- The Music Lover's Treasury Poetry about Music. Lovely.
- Tips Form – Create a custom tips form for fundraising
- Tunes Often Heard – A good working list of tunes often heard in the Detroit area. Especially good for beginners who want to learn tunes that will likely be played at local sessions.
- Tunes Often Heard ABC ABC Notation for Tunes Often Heard