The Song’s Spell
here did you learn that music ? — for it drew
My dreaming back down autumn paths of years,
Touched chords long silent, and forgotten tears.
Recalled dim valleys where dead violets grew,
Soothed me with twilight, as it were it knew
The very secret of my heart, and sighed
For sympathy, and when at last it died
It seemed as if my soul were singing too.
Where did you learn that music, to allure
Thoughts long in silence and submission pent?
Oh such was Blondel’s at the dungeon doors,
So rang the song of captive troubadour,
Echoed along the moonlit battlement
On far-off legend-haunted shores.
– Sir Rennell Rodd
- 01 – Sandpoint – Set Chords
- 02 – Sandpoint – Tune Chords
- 03 – Sandpoint – Set Dots
- Blarney Stone Pub Tunebook – A collection of tunes played at the Blarney Stone Pub, San Diego, California
- Circle of Fifths – A guide to understanding keys and transposing
- Dr. Coop's Compiation of Songs Songs and words, traditional and of the Sea
- Green's Tunebook – Green’s Collection of tunes
- Green's Tunebook ABC ABC Notation for Green’s Tunebook
- Jamrock Tunes – Some of the Basic tunes played by Jamrocks
- John Walsh's Sesson Tunes – Learn these tunes if you want to play most tunes at sessions!
- Paul Hardy's Tunebook Folk music sessions tunes around Cambridge, England and Redlands, California
- The Music Lover's Treasury Poetry about Music. Lovely.
- Tips Form – Create a custom tips form for fundraising
- Tunes Often Heard – A good working list of tunes often heard in the Detroit area. Especially good for beginners who want to learn tunes that will likely be played at local sessions.
- Tunes Often Heard ABC ABC Notation for Tunes Often Heard