The following tunes are ones that I have heard and recognized at the Dick O’Dow’s Session. There are, without doubt, others that I have heard but not recognized. Still more that I have heard, but not often enough to place on the list.
For those who want to join in and play, this list can serve as a guide of the basic tunes to learn.
If there are tunes you believe ought to be added or removed, please email Gary (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your suggestions.
Ballydesmond Polka I
Ballydesmond Polka II
Behind the Haystack
Boys of Bluehill
Brian Boru’s March
Cup of Tea [YouTube]
Denis Murphy’s Slide
Flowers of Edinburgh
Gander in the Pratie Hole
Geese in the Bog
Girl I left Behind
Haste to the Wedding
Have a Drink with me
High Cauled Cap
I Buried My Wife and Danced On Top of Her
John Ryan’s Polka
Kelly the Boy From Killane
Kid on the Mountain
Lark in the Morning
Maggie om the Woods
Maid Behind the Bar
Merrily Kiss the Quaker’s Wife
Off She Goes
Off to California
Out on the Ocean
Peggy Ryan’s Fancy
Plains of Boyle
Queen of the Rushes
Rakes of Mallow
Rights of Man
Road to Lisdoonvarna
Rolling in the Ryegrass
Saddle the Pony
Saint Anne’s Reel
Scatter the Mud
Siege of Ennis
Si Bheag, Si Mhor
Stack of Wheat
Ten Penny Bit
Three Sea Captains
Tripping up the Stairs
When Sick is it Tea You Want
When the Cock Crows It Is Day
- Blarney Stone Pub Tunebook – A collection of tunes played at the Blarney Stone Pub, San Diego, California
- CCE Kingston Irish Regular Session Tunebook
- CCE Kingston Irish Slow Session Tunebook –
- Circle of Fifths – A guide to understanding keys and transposing
- Dick O'Dow's Promotional Poster – Flyer that advertises the Dick O’Dow’s Session.
- Dr. Coop's Compiation of Songs Songs and words, traditional and of the Sea
- Green's Tunebook – Green’s Collection of tunes
- Green's Tunebook ABC ABC Notation for Green’s Tunebook
- Jamrock Tunes – Some of the Basic tunes played by Jamrocks
- Jigs 4 Jugs Facebook page Jigs 4 Jugs official Facebook page, keep up with all the news!
- John Walsh's Sesson Tunes – Learn these tunes if you want to play most tunes at sessions!
- Paul haardy's Tunebook Folk music sessions tunes around Cambridge, England and Redlands, California
- SessioNite Business Cards – Printable business cards that give the site and contact info for SessioNite.com
- Smashing Scottish Session Tunes – Reels Jigs & Strathspeys
- The Music Lover's Treasury Poetry about Music. Lovely.
- Tips Form – Create a custom tips form for fundraising
- Tunes Often Heard – A good working list of tunes often heard in the Detroit area. Especially good for beginners who want to learn tunes that will likely be played at local sessions.
- Tunes Often Heard ABC ABC Notation for Tunes Often Heard