Hole in the Piper’s Bag
rs. Stilhouli gave a good party one night
She invited us all to attend.
We gathered a gang, jumped down to her house
A few pleasant hours for to spend.
There was Duffy and Charlie and Flynn and meself
Well, a crowd wasn’t hard for ta find,
But the t’ing most important we almost forgot
We near’ left the piper behind.
We invited him down to the party
He brought his bagpipe just by chance
We asked him to sing, but he says, “Ah, no”
But offered us a bit of a dance.
He picked up his pipes, he started to play
Some one got foolin’ about
And cut a great hole in the bag of his pipes
And here is the tune that came out:
Naaaaa, needeleedelum needeligh needeleedeleedel
num nee nigh daloh dalah daleedeleedel
lumdeeligh daligh daloh dadeedeleedel
When the piper found out that his bag, it was cut
Sure he gave a great leap on the floor
And he slipped about in a quick hammer style
And he landed him under the jaw
Mrs. Levi, she fainted, they all made a rush
Trying to get out of the door
But the piper had nine of them takin’ the count
And he swore he would lick twenty more.
Well, if ever ya go to a party
Ah, you’d better keep this in your mind
Don’t get vexed with a piper
For you’ll find him a gentleman kind
But if trouble should start keep out of his way
For he carries an awful packtoe
Ah, you won’t hear it comin’ but whoop when it lands
Sure, you’ll know it’s an Irish gateau.
- Blarney Stone Pub Tunebook – A collection of tunes played at the Blarney Stone Pub, San Diego, California
- CCE Kingston Irish Regular Session Tunebook
- CCE Kingston Irish Slow Session Tunebook –
- Circle of Fifths – A guide to understanding keys and transposing
- Dick O'Dow's Promotional Poster – Flyer that advertises the Dick O’Dow’s Session.
- Dr. Coop's Compiation of Songs Songs and words, traditional and of the Sea
- Green's Tunebook – Green’s Collection of tunes
- Green's Tunebook ABC ABC Notation for Green’s Tunebook
- Jamrock Tunes – Some of the Basic tunes played by Jamrocks
- Jigs 4 Jugs Facebook page Jigs 4 Jugs official Facebook page, keep up with all the news!
- John Walsh's Sesson Tunes – Learn these tunes if you want to play most tunes at sessions!
- Paul haardy's Tunebook Folk music sessions tunes around Cambridge, England and Redlands, California
- SessioNite Business Cards – Printable business cards that give the site and contact info for SessioNite.com
- Smashing Scottish Session Tunes – Reels Jigs & Strathspeys
- The Music Lover's Treasury Poetry about Music. Lovely.
- Tips Form – Create a custom tips form for fundraising
- Tunes Often Heard – A good working list of tunes often heard in the Detroit area. Especially good for beginners who want to learn tunes that will likely be played at local sessions.
- Tunes Often Heard ABC ABC Notation for Tunes Often Heard