Buskin’ On the Street
he sun is shining come on let’s go.
It’s time to rosin up the bow.
Let’s find a spot on waterstreet.
We’re going to busk today.
Get the whistle, pull out the drum.
Come on now let’s have some fun.
People gather as we begin
Buskin on the street
Dropping their change as they walk by,
I look around at smiling eyes.
People dance and clap and sing
as the fiddle takes the lead.
I wink at a kid who returns a smile.
I think we may be here a while.
What a lively feeling, buskin on the street
Buskin’ on the street.
Can you see the sun is low.
There’s no more rosin on the bow.
Pack our things and head for home
and bid our friends farewell.
Now we hope you’ve had some fun.
Another buskin’ day is done.
‘Till next time well meet again,
Buskin on the street.
(©The Palmer Girls)
- Blarney Stone Pub Tunebook – A collection of tunes played at the Blarney Stone Pub, San Diego, California
- CCE Kingston Irish Regular Session Tunebook
- CCE Kingston Irish Slow Session Tunebook –
- Circle of Fifths – A guide to understanding keys and transposing
- Dick O'Dow's Promotional Poster – Flyer that advertises the Dick O’Dow’s Session.
- Dr. Coop's Compiation of Songs Songs and words, traditional and of the Sea
- Green's Tunebook – Green’s Collection of tunes
- Green's Tunebook ABC ABC Notation for Green’s Tunebook
- Jamrock Tunes – Some of the Basic tunes played by Jamrocks
- Jigs 4 Jugs Facebook page Jigs 4 Jugs official Facebook page, keep up with all the news!
- John Walsh's Sesson Tunes – Learn these tunes if you want to play most tunes at sessions!
- Paul haardy's Tunebook Folk music sessions tunes around Cambridge, England and Redlands, California
- SessioNite Business Cards – Printable business cards that give the site and contact info for SessioNite.com
- Smashing Scottish Session Tunes – Reels Jigs & Strathspeys
- The Music Lover's Treasury Poetry about Music. Lovely.
- Tips Form – Create a custom tips form for fundraising
- Tunes Often Heard – A good working list of tunes often heard in the Detroit area. Especially good for beginners who want to learn tunes that will likely be played at local sessions.
- Tunes Often Heard ABC ABC Notation for Tunes Often Heard